Direct mail. Snail mail. An old-school communication practice that’s been around for hundreds of years. Compared to new digital and online means of communication, many people wonder if direct mail is too old-fashioned and out-of-date to work.
The answer is it absolutely works!
And there are a few reasons for that. First of all, direct mail postcards have a 100% open rate. Can you same the same for emails?
Direct mail can also be incredibly cheap with big payoffs. Postcards are an affordable way to build brand awareness and drive customers to your business with calls to action. And they have good returns on investment.
But postcards are just one style of direct mail. Other forms include:
- Letters: reach your audience with a targeted message that reveals your company’s brand identity.
- Catalogs: people buy with their eyes. Catalogs are a great way to visually represent your real estate business by showcasing properties, homes, and other projects.
- Brochures or leaflets: combine the strengths of letters and catalogs by sending a brochure with both written and visual content that helps your customer understand your brand identity more efficiently
Marketing with Direct Mail
When marketing with direct mail, there are a few things you need to consider to make the campaign as successful as possible.
- Create a clear message with a call to action: First, you want to make sure your message is clear and aligns with your real estate business’s brand identity. You also want to make it eye-catching and encourage your audience to do something. This might include a free consultation or a percentage off the total price of your product. The most successful direct mail marketing campaigns also always include a call-to-action.
- Target audience: know who your target audience is so you can create a direct mail marketing campaign that draws them to your business and converts them to customers.
- Use list management services: not sure who your target audience is? Save a lot of time and money by using a list management service that can use skip tracing and list stacking to help you determine motivated sellers as well as provide crucial contact information. By using a list management company, you can create a long list of your targeted audience almost instantly. That saves you time, money, and hassle in the end.
Direct Mail Marketing with ListAbility
ListAbility is a premier data management company that can help you create a direct mail marketing campaign that works. We provide a variety of services, including suggestions for direct mail postcard ideas. For example, you might send a sales promotion, announce a new opening or location, deliver coupons or menus, and more. The possibilities are endless!
Our direct mail services include postcards and letters in a variety of sizes. We can also work with eye-popping yellow backgrounds to capture a customer’s attention.
We also help real estate agents, investors, and brokers target motivated sellers and provide their contact information easily with our skip tracing services. Our data is always up-to-date, and our filter tool allows you to cross-reference any number of sellers, properties, conditions, and more.
Reach out to us today for your real estate needs! Or check out more of our blog topics—we’re here to help.