Why Direct Mail Is Even MORE Effective Today? Direct Mail Marketing continues to be a powerful marketing channel
You have seen direct mail for years; companies sending out letters, postcards, brochures, and catalogs to promote their products. Savvy marketers are learning, especially in this age of online and social media marketing, that good old-fashioned direct mail is getting even higher grades for results.
One major reason is simple: technology
Better, more accurate mailing lists help you deliver your promotion to the right people,
the ones who are most likely to respond to your offer.
How does this work?
1. The better list compilers are getting increasingly sophisticated with gathering information from a multitude of resources. Then they use high tech programs to match data to an individual and household.
- Acxiom is particularly strong when it comes to compiling consumer mailing lists for B2C marketing.
- Dunn and Bradstreet (D&B) has long been the leading compiler for business mailing lists for B2B marketing
2. Mailing List Brokers with experience and training can customize a direct mail list specifically for your campaign.
Once you have an idea of what you want to send out, your list broker can help you define a specific marketing list to get it to your intended audience. Here is where the experience comes in; to pull a list that is big enough so more people get your information – but targeted enough so you don’t waste your resources mailing to people who aren’t going to want or afford what you are offering.
A good list broker will ask the right questions so you get the BEST mailing list for your specific requirements.
- The right size for your budget
- Targeted and responsive
- Accurate and highly deliverable
All to help get you a better ROI for your direct mail campaigns.
Here are some questions a mailing list broker might ask about your marketing campaign: Is it focused toward businesses or consumers? Are you selling a product or service, or soliciting donations? Would everyone be interested, or just an exclusive group? How much money do they need to spend? What geographic area do you want to market to? The answers to these will lead to additional questions and suggestions for your list.
Better direct mailing lists equals better results for your direct mail efforts.
For more information, contact one of ListAbility’s expert list professionals to get on the right track for finding new clients.
866-446-2055, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.listability.com
We offer wholesale discounts to agencies, printers, and other resellers. YouTube